|The advantages of the Theoben H.E. System
1. The main benefit must be the consistency of power, because the system is sealed, then each time the rifle is cocked the same air pressure is used over and over again.
2. This means that precisely 12 ft/lbs in .177 cal, .20 cal, .22 cal or .25 cal can be set and maintained for thousands of rounds with no maintenance.
3. The gun can be left cocked whilst hunting, something not recommended with a spring rifle, due to spring fatigue.
4. The rifle has a very low cocking effort.
5. The action is quicker than a spring rifle.
6. Very low recoil and very quiet action.
7. It still has a one stroke cocking, not like a pump-up rifle.
8. Theoben break action rifles are self-contained. They do not rely on external power for their operation.
9. Individually hand finished for supreme accuracy.
10. Theoben break action rifles are about one pound lighter than comparable rifles.
11. The system is totally reliable. Theoben break action rifles are used world wide.
12. The scope mount ramp built onto the rifle permanently, so scope shift is a thing of the past.
13. All Theoben rifles are made from traditional gun makers materials externally, housing our unique system of power that incorporates many features of the latest technology.
Handling and Finishing
Many people comment that the Theoben is quieter than, and responds quicker than a spring rifle. We will leave you to judge this when you try one. Note, it's about one pound lighter than a comparable rifle, important if you are out shooting for any length of time. There are less moving parts than a spring rifle, so the recoil is less as well. It's a very modern style, comfortable to handle, beautiful to look at. Metal parts are finished in traditional gun black, as used on expensive shotguns. The Theoben is also lubricated in such a way that no further maintenance will be required.